After checking out Mizuga Falls on google maps, I found that I was only about an hours drive away from Mizuga Falls. So I decided to go and check it out.  Mizuga Falls did not disappoint, such a wonderful relaxing spot.


After driving an hour to get there, I was expecting a hike to get to the falls as google maps had shown them to be a little way away from the road.  So I parked in the little car park just after exiting the tunnel, threw the backpack on my back, and was ready to start walking.  Only to find that I was literally only about 20 steps away from the falls.



Good news if you're someone who doesn't want to have to hike for hours to get to the waterfall!

I had the place to myself. The sound of the water falling and crashing on the rock face, into the water and the wind rustling through the trees, is just so relaxing. You can just feel the stress of everyday life leaving you with every breath you take. I spent about an hour here and then decided to go for a small hike up one of the random trails that head off into the mountains very close to where I parked.

On the drive back I took a wrong turn and decided to see where I'd end up.  In doing so I stumbled upon this site.  I'm so glad I took that wrong turn!




No comments: