I'm sure that by now, if you're reading this, you've already heard about this amazing software and now you're just wanting to improve its performance.

Let's jump straight to it!

Start up ON1 Photo RAW and then open up the preferences.

You can find this really easily by looking at the bottom left corner.



If you click on the icon that looks like a person, you should have the preferences panel open up.

You should then see this screen.



The next step is to click on System and then you should see this screen.


I've found that if you limit the amount of system usage and VRAM usage that ON1 can use, it helps with performance dramatically.  I also found that moving the scratch folder location to an external SSD improved performance again. It doesn't need to be an external drive just a different drive to where the cache is stored.

Here are the settings I use.

These are the changes I have done and it's changed the way in which ON1 Photo RAW performed on my MacBook Pro dramatically.

I hope this helps you enjoy this amazing piece of software!

No comments: